Doubtless you have heard of the Battle for Net Neutrality. If not, this should get you up to speed:
We can’t let this happen. Leave a comment like John Oliver suggests by going to fcc.gov/comments, then look for proceeding 14-28 “Protecting and Promoting the Open Internet.”
The internet is so important:
- Some of us go to school online, and a growing number of schools have online components. Some people live in areas where they can’t go to school any other way.
- You can go shopping online, which is great if you are housebound.
- Some of us conduct our businesses online.
- We can stay in touch with friends, meet new people, develop our brands and small businesses, and network with other professionals.
- The sum total of human knowledge can be found online.
- Each of us has the opportunity to create something great — whether it’s a new tech company, a brand, or a book.
The open internet has shaped our society in countless positive ways. It provides us with so much knowledge, power, and community. We can’t let telecommunications giants take that away from us!